Advantages of Telemedicine
The main objetctive of telemedicine is to cross the geographical barries and provide healthcare facilities to rural and remote areas (health for all) so it is beneficial for the population living in isolated communities. Besides this other advantages telemedicine are:
- Eliminate distance barriers and improve access to quality health services.
- In emergency and critical care situations where moving a patient may be undesirable and/or not feasible.
- Facilitate patients and rural practitionersí access to specialist health services and support.
- Lessen the inconvenience and/or cost of patient transfers.
- Reduce isolation of rural practice by upgrading their knowledge through tele-education or tele-CME.